Benefits of working at the CER
Energize Your Career with the Canada Energy Regulator!
The CER is looking for talented individuals who are looking for interesting and challenging work in the national public interest.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to having a skilled and inclusive workforce that includes women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. We value employment equity and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Our People-related Priorities are:
- Work-life balance – People have a work-life balance that works for them.
- Engagement – People feel that their input and ideas are heard and their issues are addressed.
- Leadership – People have a high degree of confidence in the leadership of the CER; as well, they understand the reasons for decisions and direction.
The CER knows that our employees are our most valuable resource and we believe in helping our employees reach their fullest potential.
Building the competencies of our employees and offering professional development initiatives are core elements of our human resources strategies. For those reasons, we offer numerous training opportunities for our employees. Employees are also encouraged to explore innovative ways to upgrade their skills. Our programs include:
- Performance management;
- Technical excellence programs;
- Networking and learning opportunities via conferences and communities of practice;
- Award and recognition programs;
- On-the-job training;
- Classroom training;
- Mentoring/Coaching; and
- Education leave
The CER is committed to all of our employees having work-life balance. This includes:
- Flexible working hours;
- Banked time;
- Leave of absence with income averaging;
- Alternative work arrangements (e.g., telework);
- Confidential employee assistance program;
- Respectful workplace and informal conflict management programming;
- FUN Committee social events;
- Wellness program;
- In-house yoga and pilates classes;
- In-house fitness centre;
- Child and elder care program;
- Opportunities to support organizations such as the United Way; and
- Convenient downtown location on public transit routes.
Pay and Benefits
Our Composite Salary Sheet shows what our employees get paid on an annual basis. CER employees may also be entitled to access many additional compensation benefits. These may consist of:
- Pension benefits;
- Health and dental care plans;
- Leave for family-related responsibilities;
- Maternity and parental benefits;
- Market allowance;
- Pay for performance;
- Paid time off (e.g., vacation, statutory holidays and family-related leave);
- Calgary allowance; and
- Paid overtime (e.g., time off or pay).
Living in Calgary
The CER is located in Calgary, Alberta. Learn more about The Calgary Advantage and why the city is such a great place to live.
Subscribe to our Career Opportunities RSS!
- Date modified: