Protecting Canada – Protecting You
Working together to keep the lights on and our energy facilities safe.
Energy facilities are vital to Canadians
Oil and gas facilities are found all across Canada and are vital to our energy infrastructure. The federal agencies responsible for keeping energy facilities safe - the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Natural Resources Canada and the National Energy Board – are working with the provinces and territories along with the oil and gas industry to prevent any disruption to the energy supply that keeps our homes, vehicles and businesses operating.
We need your help
As energy facility employees and neighbours, you are one of our best sources of information about suspicious activity near energy facilities in your community.
Protect your community and your livelihood. Let us know if you see suspicious activity around energy facilities in your neighbourhood. Call the National Security Information Network at 1-800-420-5805. For an emergency or an act in progress, call 911 or your local police department.
If you have oil and natural gas facilities in your neighbourhood, you can help us to protect them from criminals. If you see any of these activities, please contact your local police or the National Security Information Network:
- Taking pictures, videos or notes;
- Asking suspicious questions about the facility, its staff or operations;
- Threats against the facility or its employees;
- "Staking out" or monitoring activity;
- Acts of vandalism;
- Suspicious or abandoned packages or deliveries;
- Unauthorized persons on site or trying to access the site;
- Unauthorized vehicles lingering or abandoned near the facility; and,
- Lost or stolen employee keys or uniforms.
National Security Information Network
- Date modified: